Sat, 27 May|
Te Auaha, Wellington
ScreenFit May 2023 Wellington class in collaboration with members of NAW, PISA & Equity NZ (4)
Writers, directors and actors: ScreenFit is back in Te-Whanganui-a-Tara for our second class of 2023 on Sat 27th May 2023. Registrations open now!
Time & Location
27 May 2023, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Te Auaha, Wellington, 65 Dixon Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
About the Event
Kia ora Te-Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington! We're so excited to bring our second ScreenFit class of 2023 back to the capital city on Saturday 27th May 2023. This FREE class is for writers, actors and directors or all levels. Register your interest now!
PS - ScreenFit is kid friendly too so if you're a mum or dad, feel free to bring the littlelies along while you get screen fit. There are lots of spaces for them to hang, watch movies on their devices, or do rollie-pollies!
Here’s how ScreenFit works:
1. Writers, actors and directors register for ScreenFit (as individuals - not teams). Writers submit a scene, synopsis, and character briefs for 2 x characters. (That's your work pretty much done, writers!)
2. Registrations close Sat 20th May 2023.
3. Teams consisting of a writer, 2 x actors and a director are chosen and sent the above information around Mon 22nd May 2023.
4. All teams sign in at the Te-Whanganui-a-Tara WLG location (Te Auaha, 65 Dixon Street) on Saturday 27th May 2023 from 12pm for a 12.30pm kickoff.
5. All teams rehearse/block their scene. This is like the final creative rehearsal you have before you 'shoot' the scene.
6. Each team runs a block 'performance' of their scene to the entire group which can be filmed on one of the team member’s phone or camera for their own team’s records.
7. Our ScreenFit guest instructor (G.I.) / industry professional gives quick feedback to each team.
8. Networking and refreshments time!
*ScreenFit 2023 classes are a collaboration between Ngā Aho Whakaari (NAW), Pacific Islands Screen Artists (PISA), and Equity NZ and are funded by Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga NZ Film Commission. Ngā mihi nui kia koutou!